Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Whine down!

How do other mom's do it?? I mean, I spend a majority of my day cleaning up, feeding Charlize, watching her and pulling her from everything in sight now that she is walking and getting into everything and I barely have time to wash myself, brush my teeth in peace or even EAT! When she naps, its only an hour, so I end up picking and choosing what I need to do first. Most times that cleaning up the house from the mornings breakfast.  When she naps in the afternoon, I am making phone calls or checking on email real quick or getting that late lunch I never got earlier.  I always want to sit and do a bible reading, write in this blog I've started, or something else, but by the end of my day, I am so exhausted, all I want to do is veg out on my couch and do NOTHING.

I still haven't figured out how to balance everything.  I chose not to go to work because I much rather watch and raise my daughter.  I know she is benefiting from having me every day.  I don't mind that, but sometimes I wish I could work from home.  I barely get the chance to return an email or read a book before she is up again from her nap.  As I fastly type this now, I am listening to Charlize CRY her tantrum cry after having only slept 35 min MAX.  This mornings nap was maybe 45 minutes.  Most days I can't complain, she gets a good solid hour or maybe if I am lucky, an hour and a half.  BUT STILL! How do most moms do it? I am asking sincerely.  I have one and I am going mad! I have several friends with 2, 3, and 4 kids! So, is it just that maybe I am weak as a mom.  I think one more is all I can handle! I originally wanted 3 kids, being one of three myself, but now I am not so sure I can even handle the one I do have and she is 11 months.

I even hate to admit that I am a little envious of the friends I have, who's kids, for the most part, were "good" kids.  I had the colicky, non sleeping child, and dealt with that issue for the first 6 1/2 months.  Now that she is sleeping somewhat through the night, I still have issues with her fussiness.  She is very active and involved in everything.  I am just worn out with my one that I wonder if I was even meant to be a mom.

There is no wine with my "wine down" and unfortunately, its all just to whine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Genevieve,

    I found your blog through your comment on the top 10 wine trends of 2011. I'm glad I found you! As a homeschool mom of 3 girls (ages almost 12, 8 and my youngest turning 3 tomorrow!!), I wanted to encourage you in your mothering walk. It is a hard road!! BUT it does get easier...MUCH easier as they get older.

    I have my struggles and stories to tell...my first was a preemie born 7 weeks early with an 18 day NICU stay. I had to leave her and go back to work when she was 6 months old, put her in daycare. After 3 HARD years as a working mom, I finally got my dream to be a stay at home mom and had baby #2. She was a dream baby....she still didn't sleep through the night till she was 7 months old, but I could handle one time a night since I wasn't working. Plus she slept in, and by then my oldest was almost 4.

    I figured this was how all full term infants must be...fast foward till baby #2 was four. Hubby and I decided on one more. I was 36, it was now or never. She was super colicky for a few months, only up 2x a night and slept well for naps, but the first few months were hard with lots of crying. Thankfully my older two girls were now 5 and 9 yrs old, and so much help!!

    So I've rambled...and there is much more I haven't had time to share. But I want to encourage you, you will be able to parent more babies. God will give you the strength. If you can space them so they are at least 3 yrs apart that is SO helpful. I've never had 2 in diapers at the same time. I don't know how those moms do it. :)

    Enjoy your little one...there will always be a phase they are going through and on to the next phase, but it WILL get easier. Don't rush to have more...because you will only be a mom of 1 for this one time in your life. It is special!! I wish I had had it home with my first instead of having to work, but I am SO BLESSED that I have now been home for the past almost 9 years. I'm still in AWE of what God has done for me!!

    P.S. My hubby and I were both in the Navy...we met there in 1990 during the first gulf war. Seems like ages ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    I am very glad you found me as well! THANK YOU for all the encouraging words. It does help to know I am not the only one out there. (When you know you aren't, you sometimes feel as such)

    As far as my blog, I really am trying to pick up some hobbies for me and I would eventually like to showcase a different wine each time I write in my blog and maybe even gather my own "wine" club.

    Sometimes I would sit in my closet and cry for 15-20 min straight, hoping and praying for Charlize to stop crying. It was very hard the first six months. I wrote about all the crazy turmoil in one of these blog entries.

    I do definitely want to have another one, but right now, as you said, I am going to enjoy my one for now. She is growing so fast and each day she makes me laugh with her little personality.

    Again, it is really great to have "met" you. Thanks for writing me. I am going to follow your blog as well and I will definitely be talking with you more soon.

    ReplyDelete